Re: [Help-gnunet] Cannot start gnunetd

From: leandro noferini
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Cannot start gnunetd
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:05:45 +0100

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

>> dic 06 11:49:53 Configuration file must specify a directory for GNUnet to
>> store per-peer data under GNUNETD\GNUNETD_HOME.
>>
>> In /etc/gnunet.conf I have this:
>>
>> GNUNETD_HOME     = /home/gnunet/
>>
>> This directory exists and it's owned by the user running daemon (gnunet)
>
> Right, except that gnunetd is looking for /etc/gnunetd.conf
> or /home/gnunet/.gnunet/gnunetd.conf -- notice the "d".  I would suggest to
> rm /etc/gnunet.conf and just run
>
> $ gnunet-setup -d

Something is wrong for me:

rm /etc/gnunetd.conf (yes, with the final _d_)

address@hidden:~$ /usr/local/bin/gnunet-setup -d

Dec 07 14:02:38 Configuration file must specify a directory for GNUnet to store
per-peer data under GNUNETD\GNUNETD_HOME.
Aborted

> as the user that will later run gnunetd (say gnunet).  And maybe you might
> want to have a second look at the README. ;-)

P.S.: where is this the address to subscribe to this mailing list?

--
Ciao
leandro