[Help-gnunet] GNUnet on ubuntu 7.04 (feisty fawn)

From: frodon
Subject: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet on ubuntu 7.04 (feisty fawn)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:06:40 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to test GNUnet because i'm really interested by this project however
i have some difficulties to make it works.
The install of gnunetd and gnunet-gtk went quite well but i have some problems
with the configuration and googling a little bit i found many different
instructions and now i'm a bit lost.

I ran "sudo gnunet-setup -d wizard-gtk" and put my user account in the user and
group field as i supposed it was suitable.
But i get permission errors each time i run gnunetd (with root rights or not)
about the daemon not being able to write in the stat module located under /var.

Is there somewhere full instructions for ubuntu about the gnunet configuration ?

Maybe someone who use as well ubuntu could guide me and tell me what he did to
configure gnunet.

Then once my configuration issues sorted out i'd like to create and maintain a
tutorial on the ubuntu wiki because it's difficult to spread this project in
ubuntuforum without an up to date documentation specific to ubuntu.

Thanks you all.

Regards

Frodon