Re: [Help-gnunet] How to start and transportation test configuration

From: Griera-yandex
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] How to start and transportation test configuration
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:38:09 +0100

[inline]

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:14:19 +0100
Sree Harsha Totakura <address@hidden> wrote:
> I believe you can still share if the version changes only in the patch number
> (last number).  i.e. 0.9.3 and 0.9.5 should be compatible, while they are not
> compatible with 0.10.0.

Thanks for this information. I do not know it

> Be advised that there are not many peers in the network as GNUnet is still
> experimental, so you may not get satisfying download speeds.

I did not know it was a experimental software. I thought that was
already fully developed. Moreover, speed is not an issue.

> > I will try to compile the new version or install Debian testing in a
> > chroot environment.
> I recommend debbootstrapping debian testing and installing it there if you are
> not running debian testing.  Note that you may have to bind mount some
> existing mountpoints such as /dev, /dev/shm from the host's root.

Thank you. I use debian stable and therefore I debbootstrapping debian
testing.

I truly appreciate the time you spent to help me. Regards. Griera.