help-gnustep

Re: gnustep apps freez

From: Jens F. Prinz-Sander
Subject: Re: gnustep apps freez
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:48:32 +0200

Hi !

On Monday 20 September 2004 00:59, Andras Nemeth wrote:
> hi.
>
> don't know if anyone here ever had this problem. i'm using gentoo linux
> with 2.6.7-gentoo-r8 version of the kenel patched with the gentoo patch set
> (gentoo-dev-sources). the build-s in gentoo for gnustep are a bit outdated.
> i wrote new ebuilds for the stable versions of the gnustep packages. i have
> alos installed GNUMail. the one problem is that when i start GNUMail it
> freezez. the wm is still reacting but the application window doesn't accept
> any user input. when started from the consol i don't get any debug messages
> that would lead to this kind of behavior. i only get a debig message that
> my mouse has 5 buttons, so only one is used. if anyone has any ide what's
> wrong i would appreciate your help. well thanks any help in advance

I've got nearly the same setup, and I have got the same problem. One thing
I recognized is, that the running App (e.g. GNUMail ) needs > 90 % CPU.
Another interesting thing is, that the some of the gnustep-example apps
do work ( e.g. Ink ), but others like Calculator show the same behaviour
as GNUMail. These apps don't react on user input like mouseclicks.
Is there any logging mechanism for GNUstep ?

Thanks,

YenZi