help-gnustep

Re: gnustep apps freez

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gnustep apps freez
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:22:29 -0600

Hi Adam !

On 2004-09-22 06:54:00 +0200 Jens F. Prinz-Sander <jens@prinz-sander.de> wrote:

Actually I was able to recreate this. The problem is there is an incompatibility between gnustep-gui <= 0.9.0 and gnustep-base > 1.8.0. I'd recommend upgrading to at least gnustep-gui 0.9.1, but really you should go all the way to 0.9.3

I tried this. And, yes, that _is_ the problem. Now everything works fine. Including the art backend. So someone should really update the GNUstep download page, because those packages that are listed as the stable ones are just those that don't work
in that combination ( base 1.10.0 and gui 0.9.0 ).

Yes, I just updated it.