help-gnustep

Problems with GNUMail

From: Holger Sebert
Subject: Problems with GNUMail
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 02:43:25 +0200

Hi,

even with after a lot of GNUstep configuration pain, I just cannot get GNUMail to run properly with my IMAP account ...

First, Pantomime complained that it doesn't support IMAP (when I wanted to check my mail server). So I dropped GNUMail for a while until I found out (on the web) that Pantomime/GNUMail actually *should* support IMAP.

So I gave it another try, but now, when I select "Get Mail" in GNUMail, the program terminates with the following message

/usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/GNUMail.app/GNUMail: Uncaught exception NSRangeException, reason: Trying to remove from an empty array.sage:

So I would be very happy if someone could answer the following questions:

1) Could it be a problem with my GNUstep environment? (I am using Gentoo with the lated ebuilds. Other applications run, as far as I can see, without problems, e.g. Gorm, Cenon, ... at least they don't terminate unexpectedly :) )

2) How stable is IMAP-support in Pantomime/GNUMail anyway?

I would be very thankful for any tips/answers ...

Regards,
Holger