help-gnustep

Win32: error compiling ProjectCenter.. GNUstep.conf is not absolute path

From: Mike x
Subject: Win32: error compiling ProjectCenter.. GNUstep.conf is not absolute path..
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:08:09 -0800 (PST)

I ran the Win32 installer. I think it doesn't include
Gorm or ProjectCenter.

It should! Packagers, please make an installer that
includes: #1: Binaries, so it doesn't take an hour
compile when installing, #2: everything on the GNUstep
download page, including GUI development tools.

Anyway, I ran into some errors compiling
ProjectCenter, I have to paraphrase and type it in
from notes, sorry.

ProjectCenter.exe[1732] GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE value
('/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf') is not an absolute path.
Please rebuild GNUstep-base specifying a valid path to
the config file
ProjectCenter.exe[1732] Did not find correct version
of backend, falling back to std.
ProjectCenter.exe[1732] NSApplication.m:271 Assertion
failed in initialize_gnustep_backend unable to find
backend back.

Did I miss some crucial step? I just want to get
started learning GNUstep! Thank you.