Re: Warning message regarding string length

From: Jeffrey Holle
Subject: Re: Warning message regarding string length
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:13:29 -0700

Been available since K&R C.
Unless the modern C++ standard dumped it, GCC 3.3.1 has got a problem.
Hopefully it hasn't been, since it is useful to created nicely formated code for those of us that are forced in this direction....

Stephen Gross wrote:
Here is the response I received from my developer.

***************
No, there should not be a comma between each string.  This is because this
is how we must define a string's content which, as a whole, extends past
the 80 character width in the "C" file.  This tells the compiler that all
the separate strings defined are just one big single string and that they
all get concatenated together.   It is this single concatenated string that
gets assigned to the character pointer variable.

Thanks.

Well, that's pretty weird. I've never heard of doing that. Maybe there's a
better way to concatenate the strings...

--Steve