Re: dynamic_cast from base to another parent of derived class

From: Boris
Subject: Re: dynamic_cast from base to another parent of derived class
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:04:55 +0300

Maxim Yegorushkin wrote:
> Boris wrote:
>
> []
>
>> I had created a small test case but unfortunately it worked. The
>> project I port is too large - it would take some time to track this
>> down which I don't have currently.
>
> So, it's not a gcc problem, is it?

Just because a small test case works doesn't mean that the compiler is
bug-free. There must be some side conditions which make the bug appear. And
I don't have the time unfortunately to find the exact conditions under which
the bug can be reproduced. Again I repeat that the same souce code linked
statically works perfectly. Thus it could be a problem with the linker,
too - I don't know.

Boris