Re: dynamic_cast from base to another parent of derived class

From: F.J.K.
Subject: Re: dynamic_cast from base to another parent of derived class
Date: 10 Oct 2006 09:36:03 -0700

Boris wrote:
> I had created a small test case but unfortunately it worked. The project I
> port is too large - it would take some time to track this down which I don't
> have currently.

Is the bug present in GCC 4.x?
in mainline?

Is there any reason you can't just do? (Real question, not just
rhetorical :-)

#ifdef __GNUC__ && __GNU__<4
#define dynamic_cast static_cast
#endif

>From what I take from the discussion so far, you have assured your code
is semantically correct (See Pete Beckers guru-posting). At this point,
I'd just truy to work around and go on with life.