Re: dynamic_cast from base to another parent of derived class

From: Boris
Subject: Re: dynamic_cast from base to another parent of derived class
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:08:29 +0300

iftekhar wrote:
> just curious. You never mentioned the linker options. did you use the
> -rdynamic option for linking the executable?
> I had a similar problem a year back. which was solved by using
> -rdynamic, if i can remember properly.

I rebuilt everywhing with the default compiler and linker switches. No -f
options or anything else which might affect compiling and linking. I tried
to build the executable with and without -rdynamic (which I never heard of
before and couldn't find in the local man files either). It all didn't help.
The only thing which works is linking statically (which doesn't help me
really as I need to ship a library).

Boris