Re: Non-Linux, non-Unix platforms

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Non-Linux, non-Unix platforms
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 09:56:33 +0400

В Fri, 1 Aug 2014 23:25:03 -0600
Dee Sharpe <address@hidden> пишет:

> Is it possible to use Grub2 on platforms other than Linux? Such platforms may
> not use the run level setup, which Grub2 seems to rely on.

What are you talking about? grub has nothing to do with run level.

>  Also, what about platforms that aren't Unix-based? Such platforms may
>  not run bash scripts or have "etc/" directories.

Current version 2.02 beta2 switched from shell scripts to compiled
binaries; e.g. Windows is supported natively, you can download prebuilt
package from alpha.gnu.org. Also platform support code is sufficiently
modular so adding support for new systems should be easier.