Re: Non-Linux, non-Unix platforms

From: A. D. Sharpe
Subject: Re: Non-Linux, non-Unix platforms
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 03:11:31 -0600

On 8/1/2014 11:56 PM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Fri, 1 Aug 2014 23:25:03 -0600
Dee Sharpe <address@hidden> пишет:

Is it possible to use Grub2 on platforms other than Linux? Such platforms may
not use the run level setup, which Grub2 seems to rely on.
What are you talking about? grub has nothing to do with run level.

  Also, what about platforms that aren't Unix-based? Such platforms may
  not run bash scripts or have "etc/" directories.
My apologies. Apparently, I misunderstood what I was reading & thought that this information was current. [1][2] Considering the way the scripts were named, I incorrectly assumed that it was using runlevels.

Current version 2.02 beta2 switched from shell scripts to compiled
binaries; e.g. Windows is supported natively, you can download prebuilt
package from alpha.gnu.org. Also platform support code is sufficiently
modular so adding support for new systems should be easier.
Good to know!

[1] http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/grub-2.html
[2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/Setup