Re: 'device ...' line in grub.cfg

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: 'device ...' line in grub.cfg
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 16:48:00 +0300

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Clayton Spicer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm looking into a high priority issue we have and trying to find out
> what the 'device ....' line does in grub.cfg.
>
> For example:
> device (hd0) HD(1,123,123abc,01234567-89abcdef-01234567-89abcdef)

This looks like grub legacy patched to support EFI (unless this line
is there by mistake). Upstream grub legacy never supported EFI as far
as I know, so unless someone is familiar with it, your best bet is to
contact patch author.

If I am wrong, please tell grub version (but this line is unlikely
from grub2 grub.cfg either).