Re: New Grub2 verses Debian 9.5

From: jmh6
Subject: Re: New Grub2 verses Debian 9.5
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 03:42:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your response. I will recreate it and try to capture what grub-install says.

The response from the attempted Debian 9.5 install occurs at the end of the lengthy install and appears to work OK. Just doesn't boot when done.

It would be helpful to know more details of what 'should' be in the MBR boot. I tend to be a low-level guy and so try to understand things from that side.

  Thanks

  John