help-gsasl

Re: GNU SASL 0.2.11

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez
Subject: Re: GNU SASL 0.2.11
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:19:51 +0100

El mar, 07-02-2006 a las 11:59 +0100, Simon Josefsson escribió:
> I am pleased to announce the availability of GNU SASL version 0.2.11!

Congratulations for your new release Simon,

Currently, we are considering to use your procedure to get the library
[1] compiled for the windows platform, using the cross-compiling bridge
provided by the mingw32 packages.

I've followed steps from the release notes, and the library compiles
fine, but I'm not able to find the dll library and the import library.
It is only found the gsasl.exe tool.

I've runned objdump to check if the gsasl.exe tool is linked to a
possible libgsasl.dll file:

/usr/i586-mingw32msvc/bin/objdump -p gsasl.exe  | grep dll
        Nombre de la DLL: KERNEL32.dll
        Nombre de la DLL: msvcrt.dll
        Nombre de la DLL: msvcrt.dll

But I'm afraid that the tool is being compiled statically.

It would be dificult to produce a win32 development package (including
sasl .dll, import libraries and headers) or it is required to produce
such release on a windows platform?

Thanks for your time Simon!

[1] http://vortex.aspl.es

--