help-gsasl

Re: GNU SASL 0.2.11

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez
Subject: Re: GNU SASL 0.2.11
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:21:19 +0100

El mié, 08-03-2006 a las 09:51 +0100, Simon Josefsson escribió:
> > Hi Fancis!
>
> Oops, I forgot an 'r'.  My apologies, Francis.

You are welcome! My brother used to call me this way ;-)

> > I looked into this in more detail, and it seems that a -no-undefined
> > parameter is needed in lib/src/Makefile.am, as follows, to build the
> > DLL and import library:
> >
> > libgsasl_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info $(LT_CURRENT):$(LT_REVISION):
> $(LT_AGE) \
> >       -no-undefined -export-symbols-regex '^(gsasl|GSASL).*'
>
> After some discussion on the libtool list, this was indeed the proper
> solution.
>
> I'll release a new version with the flag today.  I've tested that it
> seem to produce a DLL and import library with mingw32 locally.  I
> haven't tested the resulting library or binary heavily though.

Many thanks for your support Simon, I'm going to check your current
autoconf configuration to get the library compiled using this way.

I also have to check how this works while building a library that
currently depends on external library, like GSASL. I think it shouldn't
be a problemm.

BTW, we have just releases a new Vortex Library version [1], which
includes a binary installer for the windows platform, with an already
prepared GSASL support, and it works great! Great job Simon, great job.

[1] http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary

--
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <address@hidden>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.