help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Fighter Eyecandy Brainstorm

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Fighter Eyecandy Brainstorm
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:53:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi again,

On Wed, October 7, 2009 2:42 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> I try to come up with some eyecandy effects for the fighters. This is an
> extremely fun task, the hard work would be actually to program this stuff.
Maybe yes, maybe not. I dunno. In fact the only point is to program it so
that it runs fast. For a game like LW and considering this kind of teature
targets picky users who want bells & whistles, you need at leat 50
frames/sec. Indeed, coding advanced rendering filters that runs in 20
milliseconds on 1600x1200 display isn't always easy. But modern hardware
does wonderfull things, and sometimes one can get lucky finding a quick
hack.

Your research is interesting. And you're having fun, which is probably the
most important. Good ideas often come out when one is in a positive state
of mind.

Cheers,

ufoot.

--