Re: flat OBJDIR

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: flat OBJDIR
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:05:13 -0400

Alexander Farber wrote:

Hi,

thanks, using VPATH works, but it looks like a hack to me,
since I already _know_ the exact paths to the source files.

You may know the exact paths, but make doesn't.

Also I have many source files so my VPATH list will be quite long.

You can generate the VPATH (or, preferably, vpath) using the various GNU make
functions.  Personally, I don't like VPATH or vpath and prefer to generate the
rules themselves using the functions.

Can't I construct a series of rules by using $(foreach ...) instead?

Yup, you read my mind :-)

Noel