help-rcs

Re: Any limits on Rcs version numbers?

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Any limits on Rcs version numbers?
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:19:46 -0500 (EST)

Hal,

RCS version numbers are obviously stored and i believe internally
represented as strings, so any of the usual machine arithmetic limits are
irrelevant.

did you try this?

touch foo
ci -i365000000 foo

so revision numbers wouldn't appear to be a problem.  who knows if there
aren't any other design imposed bug limits in RCS.

these sorts of problems are what the usual database management systems
(DBMS) are for.

good luck,
/a

--
"But, look, the [Israeli security] fence is a sensitive issue, I
understand that. And the Prime Minister [Sharon] made it very clear to me