Re: Daily package builder

From: Elrond
Subject: Re: Daily package builder
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:56:46 +0200

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 01:29:01PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> There is now a daily builder of debian packages too, that upload
> packages into:
>
> http://josefsson.org/shishi/debian/
>
> Creating new debian packages is now just one command away for me, so
> it should be easy to produce things for Elrond (or others) to test.

Cool! :-)

It's just very helpful to be able to do two wgets, and
rebuild it on my box. :-)

> Is there some guidelines on daily build package names?
[...]

I don't know of any.

What I often see: 0.0.24cvs20060422-1 (where 0.0.24 is the
last official release), so that the next official release
has a higher number.

What I do in TNG (for non debian, just for the "upstream"):
Put a "cvs" after the version number in configure.in and
remove it shortly before releasing.

    Elrond