Re: Shishi 0.0.26

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Shishi 0.0.26
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:59:40 -0700

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've also noticed that the libshishi-dev Depends is wrong:

> Depends: libshishi0 (= 0.0.25-1)

> It needs libidn11-dev and libgnutls-dev too, but I'm not sure how to
> make that happen automatically.

Well, it only needs these for static linkage; beyond that, it's a libtool
bug that it attempts to link directly with shared library dependencies
when doing a shared build.  pkg-config provides a mechanism to get this
right.

> Similar for libshisa-dev.  I'm hard-coding these manually for now.

You have to; there isn't any way to automatically detect dependencies for
-dev packages (at least right now).

> Further Depends problems: I've also made libshishi0 depend on
> a versioned shishi-common:

> -Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, shishi-common
> +Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, shishi-common (= ${Source-Version})

> This is because libshishi0 needs the proper locale files from
> shishi-common, mixing versions there is probably not a good idea.

Well, you probably only need shishi-common from the same upstream release,
but yeah, that won't hurt anything and is the simple way of doing it.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>