Re: Shishi 0.0.26

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Shishi 0.0.26
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 21:19:23 -0700

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> I built new packages (to add the --make-pidfile flag to
> start-stop-daemon --start, because the stop action didn't work), and I
> can no longer reproduce the above.  I suspected it was caused by having
> a MIT KDC running (thus occupying the same ports), but I can't reproduce
> that either.  O well.

> Russ, I'm ready for a new upload.

Sorry about the long delay in looking at this.  I've been very busy.

I was about to upload, but then noticed that NAME in the new shishi-kdc
script was set to shishid.  That makes sense for the output messages and
the PID file, since that's the name of the binary being started, but CDBS
installs the init script and defaults file under the name shishi-kdc.
Right now, that mismatch means that a few things are wrong and the
defaults file doesn't get loaded.

I'm not sure on the best solution.  Maybe set NAME to shishid as it is
now, but not use NAME when loading the defaults file and setting the path
to the init script?

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>