help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] adding a language (lilypond)

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] adding a language (lilypond)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:10:34 +0100

On 12/11/2011 08:07 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:
I've read the docs.
Very informative but I miss the most basic thing: how can I add a language?

I tried the following (no success):

- in src/lang.map I added:
ly = lilypond.lang

- I added src/lilypond.lang and put just one line:
comment start "%"

The procedure you followed is correct.

Then I run again make and make install, but the changes I made are not
copied to /usr/local. I mean: lang.map misses my edit and there's no
lilypond.lang

mh... that should not happen... are you sure that make install complete successfully... and that (after make install) you're actually running the installed source-highlight executable (please try 'which source-highlight'). Note also that source-highlight starts searching for its files in the current directory. You may want to check the lang files source-highlight is actually handling by running it with the command line option --lang-list

Please, also consider that, when developing a new language, and in general, you can avoid installing: you can use the command line option --data-dir of source-highlight to force it to use the files (.lang, .map).

Finally, if you add a .lang file in the lang.map file, if you want to install it, you'll also have to modify Makefile.am by adding your .lang file to the installed ones (you can take a look at src/Makefile.am).

hope to hear from you soon!

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net