help-tar

RE: [Help-tar] Amending contents of absolute-path tar files without extr

From: Nick Lewis
Subject: RE: [Help-tar] Amending contents of absolute-path tar files without extracting to root dir
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:33:05 +0100

Sergey

Thank you very much for the solution. In the meantime I have downloaded
the source and added an option to my local copy of tar:

  -Q, --make-absolute        add leading `/'s to file names to make them
                             absolute

I will probably continue to use this option because it is slightly
easier for me to remember and I do not want to feel my effort in adding
the option was wasted. However in the light of your response I will not
be submitting a patch with this new option.

Best Regards
Nick