Re: Colons in indices

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Colons in indices
Date: 06 Dec 2001 17:29:30 +0100

>>>>> "Karl" == Karl Berry <address@hidden> writes:

Karl> What do you think?  Not using colons in node-names would be
Karl> fine with me, as long as they can be used in the index?

Karl> I think it would be very desirable to allow colons in node names
Karl> too.  I've received many requests for it.

Karl> Here is a message I sent to bug-texinfo.  rms, bfox, chassell
Karl> did not respond, so I guess they don't feel too badly about it.
Karl> What do the folks on this list thing?

Hi people!

What is the current status of this feature?  We are trying to use ::
in node names and indexes, and it doesn't seem to work at all,
including with the latest snapshot.

Thanks!