Re: [help-texinfo] Re: subversion manual in texinfo

From: Kendall Shaw
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Re: subversion manual in texinfo
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:50:58 -0800

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 17:06 -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:
>
>   Running docbook2texi against one of xml files that make up the
>   subversion manual like this:
>
>   docbook2texi ch02-basic-usage.xml
>
> Just about every line of the src seems to produce lines similar to:
>   ch02-basic-usage.xml:3847: parser error :
>      Entity 'nbsp' not defined

I didn't have success either, but the problem here is probably that you
don't have the doctype statement in the file. Maybe my experience is
useful information.

I got the the book XML and the tools directory then ran:

make version

in the book directory to create version.xml.

I copied the doctype statement from book.xml (I'm assuming you are
trying to convert the subversion book):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter SYSTEM "../../tools/dtd/docbook-4.4/docbookx.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY % vers   SYSTEM "version.xml">
%vers;
]>

to the top of the file ch02-basic-usage.xml.

I then installed docbook2X and ran:

docbook2x-texi ch02-basic-usage.xml

and it complains about references to parts that are outside of that
file. So, you could perhaps look into modifying XML files.

Alternately, if I leave ch02-basic-usage.xml unchanged and use:

docbook2x-texi book.xml

it complains about nesting that is too deep when evaluating some XPath
expressions.

Kendall