Re: [help-texinfo] "\input texinfo" in printed output?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] "\input texinfo" in printed output?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:39:09 GMT

Hi Charlie,

    The words "\input texinfo" have started to appear at the top of the

Since there haven't been any releases of Texinfo since September 2008, I
can only imagine that it is a change introduced by
Ubuntu/Debian/whomever.  Certainly this is not a bug present for
everyone, or I would have heard about it long before now!

All I can tell you is that when I run your nco.texi through the current
texinfo.tex and the 4.13 makeinfo, there is no "\input texinfo" in the
output.  (I ignored the errors about my-bib-macros ...)

To debug, you could try the texi2dvi from the Texinfo CVS repository, or
from the texinfo-4.13a.tar.gz distribution on ftp.gnu.org.  Or run
pdftex directly.

Good luck,
Karl

P.S. It is bizarre that both PDF output (from texinfo.tex) and HTML
output (from makeinfo) are affected.  Perhaps the bug is in Ubuntu's
makeinfo and texi2dvi is running the makeinfo that introduces the text.
Or something.