help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] SVCDs

From: Jorgensen, Jens
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] SVCDs
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 11:56:46 -0500

I'm working towards that though I haven't created one from linux yet (more for
lack of time than anything else). I'd be happy to swap notes with you. I'm
coming at it from two different angles: I wan't to make SVCDs of movies I've
shot with my mini-DV digital video camera and I also want to archive video
captured with an Iomega Buz capture device. I've messed around quite a bit with
video from my digital video camera but haven't done much with stuff from the
Buz. For capturing from the mini-DV I use a little firewire reading utility I
can't remember the name of and for the Buz I haven't captured anything in linux
yet. I plan to encode using the MPEG-2 tools from Heroine Warrior since they
boast super-duper compression ratios.