help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] SVCDs

From: Christoph Scheurer
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] SVCDs
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 15:11:22 -0400

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:56:46AM -0500, Jorgensen, Jens wrote:
> I'm working towards that though I haven't created one from linux yet (more
> for lack of time than anything else). I'd be happy to swap notes with you.
> I'm coming at it from two different angles: I wan't to make SVCDs of movies
> I've shot with my mini-DV digital video camera and I also want to archive
> video captured with an Iomega Buz capture device. I've messed around quite a
> bit with video from my digital video camera but haven't done much with stuff
> from the Buz. For capturing from the mini-DV I use a little firewire reading
> utility I can't remember the name of and for the Buz I haven't captured
> anything in linux yet. I plan to encode using the MPEG-2 tools from Heroine
> Warrior since they boast super-duper compression ratios.
The MPEG-2 compressor from Heroine Warrior uses the code from the MJPEG project
(mjpeg.sourceforge.net). You can transfer DV from your camcorder with dvgrab
by Arne Schirmacher. The newest development version of the lavtools from the
MJPEG project allow you to mix DV from a camcorder and MJPEG that you capture
with cards like DC10plus (works very well and is pretty cheap), Buz, etc.
Check out the mjpeg mailing list archives for the latest information.

Christoph

 Christoph Scheurer              e-mail: address@hidden
 Department of Chemistry         WWW: http://markov.chem.rochester.edu/chris
 University of Rochester
 P.O. Box RC 270216              phone:  +1-716-275-8289
 Rochester, NY 14627-0216                +1-716-242-0989 (private)
 USA                             Fax:    +1-716-473-6889
      GnuPG public key: http://markov.chem.rochester.edu/chris/key.html