help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD

From: Matto Marjanovic
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 16:56:58 -0400

 >> That sounded very(!) interesting and promising. Are you still going to post
 >> the patches or did you and Herbert decide to go for the XML version?
 >I've got this strong desire to go for XML, which I won't give up that easy
 >:-)
 >
 >anyway, I've made his announcement and patch available at
 >
 >http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/contribs/

And, here's a newer version, attached.
(Sorry, I was unexpectedly out of town for the last week.)

I cleaned up the code a bunch, to use VcdList's and such.  I also added
 '[track]' to the config file, so you no longer specify tracks on the
 command line (when using a config file).  You can now specify entries
 (and entries at offset zero are no longer added by default), however
 my brief experiments lead me to believe that the entry point has to be
 a good spot in the MPEG file for a player to start decoding.  I also
 removed the restriction against using this for SVCD's, but haven't
 tested it for those, either.
Tracks (and entries) are now referred to by string id's.  It's just one
 stop short of XML, no?  :)  Next step....

Oh, yeah, it is still a patch to 0.6.0.  I just got back, haven't down-
 loaded 0.6.1 yet.

I've got an XML question:  as far as validity-checking goes, is an XML DTD
 powerful enough to encode constraints such as "maximum of 98 tracks", or
 "no PBC for a VCD1.1 disk"?

Without further ado (adieu?), here comes the new patch.

-matt m.