help-vcdimager

RE: [VCDImager] Audio only MPEG stream ?

From: Dejan Vesic
Subject: RE: [VCDImager] Audio only MPEG stream ?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:59:49 +0200

> you basically need a mpeg1 layerII audio stream

   This part is piece of cake :)

> which you have to mux
> into a compliant program stream (even if it has no video at all)..

   This is challenging part. Test track in PAL demo disk has RIFF CD-XA
header, while both audio streams created in TMPGEnc (audio only, extension
..mp2 and system audio, extension .mpg) have no such header. So, is there a
way to create an .mpa track with CD-XA RIFF header from mpeg1 Layer II audio
stream?

> ...have you tried asking michael tam directly?

   No, I am trying not to spam people :-) but eventually I will do that.

   Dejan