help-vcdimager

RE: [VCDImager] Audio only MPEG stream ?

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: RE: [VCDImager] Audio only MPEG stream ?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:10:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Dejan Vesic wrote:

>> you basically need a mpeg1 layerII audio stream
>    This part is piece of cake :)

>> which you have to mux
>> into a compliant program stream (even if it has no video at all)..

>    This is challenging part. Test track in PAL demo disk has RIFF
> CD-XA header, while both audio streams created in TMPGEnc (audio only,
> extension ..mp2 and system audio, extension .mpg) have no such header.
> So, is there a way to create an .mpa track with CD-XA RIFF header from
> mpeg1 Layer II audio stream?
fyi, some operating systems wrap a RIFF header around XA form2 files, this
RIFF header is _not_ contained on the (S)VCD ;-)

I guess I should add this to the FAQ :-)

>> ...have you tried asking michael tam directly?
>    No, I am trying not to spam people :-) but eventually I will do that.
:-)

well, actually writing in a mailing list spams even more people at once
*g*

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key