help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] SVCDs not being created correctly

From: Greg Rowe
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] SVCDs not being created correctly
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:16:46 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Michael wrote:

> I'm suffering this problem now I think. All the vcd images I make play
> fine with Xine or MPlayer but if I burn them to disc they won't play on my
> DVD player, in Xine, or MPlayer. They're all scrambled. Did you ever
> figure out the problem? I've tried standard VCD2 and SVCD and neither
> works for me. As far as I can tell everything is to the standard. Any
> help? Thanks.

One thing I noticed is that vcdimager will not complain if you feed it
an mpeg2 and ask it to create a vcd2.0 image.  It doesn't convert the
mpeg down to mpeg1 so it actually make a vcd image that isn't
technically to spec.  My DVD player doesn't mind and plays the mpeg2
stream just fine.

Can your DVD player play SVCD?

Greg

--
"You are the daemon that answers our http requests for knowledge...the
domain name server that translates the cryptic into the credible..."