help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Bug found in 0.7.21

From: Ibly Piblo
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Bug found in 0.7.21
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:45:10 -0800 (PST)

--- "Jens B. Jorgensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ibly Piblo wrote:
>
> >checking for libcdio >= 0.71... Package libcdio was
> >not found in the pkg-config search path.
> >Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> >`libcdio.pc'
> >to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> >No package 'libcdio' found
> >configure: error: Required libcdio library not
> found.
> >Please get libcdio from
> >http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/ and install
> it.
> >address@hidden vcdimager-0.7.21]#
> >
> >This is a lie, libcdio IS INDEED installed,
> >this is a grave error that needs to be corrected.
> >

> I'm afraid what with cheap dvd drives this source
> seems to have fallen
> into disuse perhaps? Been a long time since I've
> used it. I'm not the
> maintainer but perhaps he's still around to fix
> this. Do you have a patch?
>
> --
> Jens B. Jorgensen

I was trying to figure out how to go about
it, but I was unable to figure out where
to begin, oh dear, am I to understand that
I am a version or 2 behind??

I could not find a newer one, unless my
bookmarks of the root of the sourcecode
directory was still in the cache, blight
this mozilla, it caches everything, even
ftp.

I shall have to use a proper ftp client.

I shall have to try a newer version.

I always try to use my Plextor dvd recorder
and to try and stay away from the 'cheap'
or 'bargain' brands, is Plextor not a good
dvd burner any longer?

Thank you.