hurd-devel

Re: io_close proposal

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: io_close proposal
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:46:37 -0400

      ****

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:08:27AM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> operation.  If the RPC uses a move-send for the receiver right, then the
> only solution I see is special-case stubs on both sides so that the EINTR
> reply instead is a special format that returns the send right.  close will
> have to put that new right (which probably has a different name) into the
> dtable so that the fd can be used in the signal handler if the close didn't
> complete.

These two don't match (and now I know what confused me about this).
If the server starts to deallocate the port (after the **** above),
I don't see an easy way to interrupt this, make a new send right
for this port and return it to the user so he can safely use it
in subsequent io operations.

But before jumping to conclusions again, I will ponder it silently.

Thanks,
Marcus