hydra-users

Removed, or missing, protocols file.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Removed, or missing, protocols file.
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:15:36 +0200

Hello there,

in the recent commit 4aa8225 to your 'inetutils/release.nix'
the assignment

   __noChroot = true

was removed. With large probability you are breaking the
test suite that GNU Inetutils needs to run at your build step.
The above change is the only one to job 'coverage' between
20977014 and 21007567, the former is successful, the latter
is a failure. The other jobs 'tarball' and 'manual' are not
running eny tests, so are unaffected by your change. On the
other hand, 'build.i686-linux' and build.x86_64-linux' are
failing of exactly the same reasona as 'coverage' is!

The failing test in our test suite is with 'inetd', which must
be able to access the system file '/etc/protocols' via a call
to getprotobyname().

Should you stand fast at the desire to use a chrooted build
I suggest you arrange for a link of '/etc/protocols' into
the chosen chroot directory. Since GNU Inetutils offers
basic networking services, our test suit expects to see a
sane system with the bare rudiments of networking infra-
structure, of which '/etc/protocols' is a vital part.
Unfortunate as it may be, it is a fact!

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, on behalf of GNU Inetutils.