hydra-users

Re: Removed, or missing, protocols file.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Re: Removed, or missing, protocols file.
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 23:54:53 +0200

Hello there,

Thursday den  9 April 2015 klockan 16:11 skrev Eelco Dolstra detta:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/04/15 16:36, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
>
> > Conclusion:
> >
> >   A build service at Hydra with testing of GNU Inetutils for any
> >   target GNU/Linux must include two files in a chrooted environment:
> >
> >       /etc/protocols
> >       /etc/passwd      (naming  at least "nixbld")
> >
> >   Preferably also the files
> >
> >       /etc/services
> >       /etc/group
> >
> >   should be included, since they are likely to be relevant for
> >   testing of other source packages.
>
> The chroot always provides a minimal /etc/passwd and /etc/group (with entries
> for root and nixbld, IIRC). With __impureHostDeps, you can optionally also
> include /etc/protocols and /etc/services.

Splendid! Scrutiny of the logging for 'build' tells me that the
following patch should suffice for a chrooted test run equivalent
to that of a non-privileged user during a non-chrooted test run.

Should somebody give me green light on the following patch,
I will have a go at pushing it. Although never used so far,
it seems I did get access to 'hydra-recipes' a few years
ago when we were struggling with a test suite in GNU Inetutils
and Hydra was not completely at ease with our efforts!

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, on behalf of GNU Inetutils