Re: [igraph] igraph python module in winxp?

From: Dylan T Walker
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph python module in winxp?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 23:00:54 -0400

Tamas,

The compile errors that I am getting are not so revealing, except that they
indicate that it simply cannot find the libxml2 libraries at a certain point.
I see what is happening.  The libxml2 libraries are provided in gnuwin32,
however the xml2-config is left unaltered as a bash script (and thus cannot be
called in winxp to determine the directories).

I tried to override in setup.py and modified the .extend() 's to include the
right directory.  This seems to work insofar as the libxml2 .h files it looks
for are initially found.

However, the libxml2 .h files _themselves_ have lines such as: "<#include
libxml/something.h>".  I believe that this was handled in the real libxml with
just a simlink within the libxml/ directory to itself.  But when I compile it
cannot find these other .h files (I suspect because winxp simlinks are just
.lnk files that I doubt most compilers know how to deal with).

Short of "hardcoding" the full path in all of libxml's .h files, is there
perhaps a more obvious way to deal with this that anyone knows of?

Maybe I misunderstand the situation completely.   It could also, potentially be
a problem relating to the "/" "\" difference in winxp and linux.

Dylan Walker