Re: [igraph] igraph python module in winxp?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph python module in winxp?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:10:17 +0200

Hi Dylan,

I had to do the following modifications in setup.py to make it work
inside Cygwin:

LIBXML2_FALLBACK_INCLUDE_DIRS = ['/cygdrive/c/GTK/include/libxml2']
LIBXML2_FALLBACK_LIBRARIES = ['xml2', 'iconv', 'z', 'ws2_32']
LIBXML2_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_DIRS = ['/cygdrive/c/GTK/lib']

libxml2's library files are installed under c:\GTK\lib in my case, the
include files are in c:\GTK\include\libxml2. The /cygdrive/c... stuff
is Cygwin's way to refer to drive C, but I think this should work also
in MinGW. After having done that, I executed setup.py using my Python
interpreter from _inside_ the Cygwin shell:

/cygdrive/c/Python/Python24/python.exe setup.py build --compiler=mingw32

(Python was installed in c:\Python\Python24 in my case)

This command successfully built the igraph module. Installation can be
done by the following command (inside Cygwin's shell again):

/cygdrive/c/Python/Python24/python.exe setup.py install