Re: [igraph] Need a graph layout that uses edge weights

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Need a graph layout that uses edge weights
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 23:09:53 +0200

Hi,

I'm afraid weighted graph layouts are not implemented in igraph yet -
mostly because the actual development is driven by our needs and we
did not encounter such a problem yet :) I tried a quick Google search
on the subject and I found the following paper regarding weighted
graph layouts:

http://www.cs.iusb.edu/~danav/papers/172_Vrajitoru.pdf

Maybe you could start implementing their algorithm, taking into
consideration that their goal is to place vertices in a way that
larger edge weights result in longer edges, so you must first
transform your edge weights accordingly.

And of course, if you came up with a reasonable layout algorithm that
solves your problem either in Python, R or C (or modified the igraph
layout algorithms to take edge weights into account), please let us
know, we will be happy to include it in igraph :)