Re: [igraph] Need a graph layout that uses edge weights

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Need a graph layout that uses edge weights
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:26:32 +0200

Rick,

The Fruchterman-Reingold layout now has a parameter to provide edge
weights. Weights bigger than 1 result more "attraction" along the
edges, weights less than 1 do the opposite. (Maybe you can even do
negative weights which result repulsion. I've no idea whether this is
good for anything.) It seems to work well:

> g <- graph.ring(10)
> E(g)$weight <- 1:2
> E(g)$weight
 [1] 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2
> l <- layout.fruchterman.reingold(g, weights=E(g)$weight)
> plot(g, layout=l)

You can download a 0.5 C library or R source package from
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/download

G.