Re: [igraph] Need a graph layout that uses edge weights

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Need a graph layout that uses edge weights
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:33:56 +0200

Actually, i just checked the Fruchterman-Reingold algorithm
and it is trivial to incorporate edge weights. The only problem
with it is that it requires to change the igraph API, so it will be included
only in the 0.5 version.

The spring based layout (implemented in R) can be
modified easily as well.

Of course i've no idea whether the results will be good or not
just by adding weights in this trivial way.

Rick, i can send you a 0.5 development version (R package or library)
as soon as i've added these, if you like.

Gabor