Re: [igraph] postscript and label.family and a question about layout.lgl

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] postscript and label.family and a question about layout.lgl
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:47:13 +0200

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 07:36:51PM -0400, Vincent Matossian wrote:
[...]
> Sorry for jumping from subject to subject within a single thread, but I found
> plots of  Internet datasets at http://www.opte.org/maps/ that use LGL, in
> igraph, is there a way to customize layout.lgl to give the plot a similar
> tree-like look rather than fitting points inside a square area?

Hmmm, i did not play very much with layout.lgl, but i think to generate
a tree-like layout you actually need to have a tree-like graph. You can
calculate the minimum spanning tree of the graph and plot that for example.
layout.lgl would definitely need some improvements and testing, but
it is not high priority now, so it will take a while.

Gabor

[...]

--
Csardi Gabor <address@hidden>    MTA RMKI, ELTE TTK