Re: [igraph] two-mode network in igraph

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] two-mode network in igraph
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:08:50 +0100

> I've seen the functions, but I don't get how to convert my matrix in a
> bipartite graph object...
>
> I suppose graph.bipartite is the function I need, but it doesn't
> handle actor*event matrices?
You have to convert your actor*event matrix into a graph where nodes are
either actors or events (e.g., the first X vertices are actors, the
remaining ones are events), and you will also need a type vector which
is zero for actors and one for vertices (or vice versa). If you are
using igraph from a higher level interface, the latter is typically
stored as a vertex attribute.