Re: [igraph] igraph in R: graphml support disabled

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph in R: graphml support disabled
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:39:14 -0400

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Prithwiraj MUKHERJEE
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Gabor
>
> I installed libxml2-dev and reinstalled igraph.
> The version is igraph_0.5.5-1, but the graphml support is still not there.
> I have the same version of igraph (0.5.5-1) on another machine, but compiled
> on R 2.9.
> I copied that directory (/igraph/) into my new machine and replaced the
> version I have, and the code runs, but with the warning that it is compiled
> on a previous version of R.

I think R is loading a different igraph than you think. You might have
an igraph installation in some other directory as well, and that is
loaded, not the one you have just compiled. If you type in

library(help=igraph)

into R, then it gives you the version number, and the date and time
when igraph was compiled.

Gabor