Re: [igraph] Circular Reingold Tilford on tree is not planar!?

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Circular Reingold Tilford on tree is not planar!?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:18:22 +0200

it should be planar, AFAIK. If it is not planar, that means that the
original non-circular one is not planar
No, it isn't necesarily planar. A while ago I found a graph for which the RT layout was planar but the circular RT layout wasn't, and I also thought it was a bug, but it isn't. Try this graph for instance (given as an edge list):

0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7, 0-8, 0-9, 4-10, 9-10

When you use vertex 0 as root, the RT layout is planar but the circular RT layout isn't.

, the circular one is just the
transformation of that. Can you send us (in private if it's big, to
Tamas and me) an example? I think this is a bug.