[igraph] python-igraph OSX Lion install errors

From: Bedartha Goswami
Subject: [igraph] python-igraph OSX Lion install errors
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:09:29 +0100

I have a new mac with OSX Lion and I am trying to install the python-igraph extension on it. Following the instructions on the site, I first installed the core C library for graph and then proceeded to install the python-igraph extension. But I first got the following error: gcc-4.0 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -arch ppc -arch i386 -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 -c src/arpackobject.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.3-fat-2.6/src/arpackobject.o
unable to execute gcc-4.0: Exec format error
error: command 'gcc-4.0' failed with exit status 1 Remembering something I saw on the Scipy installation page, I exported the CC and CXX variables to the llvm gcc compiler that my machine has as:
export CC=llvm-gcc-4.2
export CXX=llvm-g++-4.2
export FFLAGS=-ff2c Even after the above, I get the following error: /usr/include/AvailabilityMacros.h:109:14: warning: #warning Building for Intel with Mac OS X Deployment Target < 10.4 is invalid. lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/folders/6b/xjy71xzd1vb8wr139ryyvjy00000gn/T//ccPTQloh.out error: command 'llvm-gcc-4.2' failed with exit status 255 I don't know how to proceed. Can you please help me out?
Thanking you in advance,
With best regards, Bedartha PS I am attaching 2 rtf files, containing the installation text from the shell for the installation of the graph library and the python-extension.