Re: [igraph] Building and installing C-Core and Python Interface under w

From: Winnie Kanje
Subject: Re: [igraph] Building and installing C-Core and Python Interface under windows
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:08:16 +0200

Hi Gabor,
thank you for your fast reply. This whole compiling really always turns out to be a huge mess, so I would be glad to use the installer you provided. This is a homemade problem though as I do not have root privileges at this computer and therefore cannot execute downloaded exe files. This really annoys me and I have had a couple of arguments with the local system administrator, but they do not seem to be willing to give me some more privileges.
I started from scratch once more, trying to compile the c core with mingw and then trying to compile the interface with mingw as well.
Actually I think you already gave me the hint why this might not work: Python does only support building with visual studio. I have never worked with visual studio before and so far I have tried to get along without it and I fear there is the problem with not being able to execute downloaded exe files once more...
I'll keep trying to hack my way trough this I suppose.
Thank you for the hints though and maybe someone else was successfull and may give me some more advise.