Re: [igraph] Building and installing C-Core and Python Interface under w

From: zhouda
Subject: Re: [igraph] Building and installing C-Core and Python Interface under windows
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 23:23:32 +0800

On 08/22/2013 05:59 PM, Winnie Kanje wrote:
Hi Tamas,
thank you for clarifying the options and all the help.
However, using Microsoft Visual Studio is not an option for me, as it is not installed on this machine and I do not have privileges to install nor does my company have licenses.
I tried to use cygwin and was successfull compiling the C-core of igraph without any problems. But when it comes to compiling the python interface I encounter another problem that I didnt realize: My cygwin does not have the python package installed and uses the python I obtained from python.org. I tried using that, although you pointed out not to use it, but it didnt work.
I suppose I might somehow be successful using MinGW, but that would just take up too much time. A pitty really as I like making things work. So I will now abandon trying to get igraph python interface to work on this machine and wait for the system admin to pity me and come and install it using the installer you provided.
Thank you very much though for the very enlightning informations.
Greetings
Winnie